Something New

Happy (early) Monday! I'm sitting here in bed sipping my cup of tea, listening to Tony Bennet, I really wish J were still home and we were still asleep... He won't be home for at least 12 hours, and I have so much to get done today, so.. Here's to a happy productive day! My biggest goal for today is to be only positive. No negativity, no complaining. I can do it, but it will be challenging. This is my "it's so early, messy bun, yesterday's mascara, dream catcher still taped to the wall, getting the day started" look! 

First on my list of things to do today is to clean and organize my Master bedroom. It's my sanctuary, and right now, it's a disaster. I've been playing around what to do with the space, but I don't have all the pieces I want to accomplish that. In the mean time, I want to rearrange the pieces I do have, and clean it up. I want to add more color and deal with the piles of clothes that seem to accumulate everywhere. I will be picking up and trying to clear it all out before I go to work, and when I get home, I will dust and vacuum. When J gets home he will help me move furniture pieces. I would do it, but he prefers to help me with that part. I'll always take his help if he's offering <3 p="">
I would like to make it to the gym today, or at least get some active time in, but if it doesn't happen I'm not going to stress about it. I am working on having an overall healthier life, that includes not stressing when I don't get to the gym. It's important to me to be more at peace and relaxed. If I do make it today, I'll be working arms and back! Any fave exercises? I don't have one yet...

I keep looking at my list of things to do and my gorgeous planner.. It's so fun and colorful! I just love my Erin Condren planner. I'm also now obsessed with Washi Tape. I keep finding some amazing styles and patterns online, but I want to find some locally. Where (aside from Target) can I find a good selection?? I NEED MORE! I use it for everything in my planning :) I love that I can take it off and reposition it and I can tear it. I love that it's so bright and cheerful and some designs even already have words and phrases on it! Seriously, best stuff ever! I did take a little bit to get into it and when I finally did I couldn't figure out what pen I needed to write on it. Every pen I tried smeared or beaded away. A wonderful friend from White Walls introduced me to Infiniti pens! They are magic. My planner hasn't been this colorful and organized since my Loretto days. Oli is looking at all the markers and pens as if they're toys... silly cat, those aren't toys.


My To-Do list today is just as pretty, not quite as colorful, but definitely still pretty! I wanted it to be fun and something nice to look at, instead of a dreaded list of so many things I need to get done. So, I began really spending time on hand lettering last night. I sat in bed while J played some Xbox. It was great and so rewarding! I have a hard time getting down on paper what I see in my head. But this is a great way for me to get it out and design something beautiful. I am hoping I will soon be able to translate these skills into my sign making and also making prints! All of these will be headed to my Etsy shop soon! (the shop is open again!!)

I have also been spending more time painting lately. 4:30 is so early and I don't want to make too much noise for my neighbors before 6 or 7, so I have been turning on the TV and painting in bed. It's quite fun and relaxing. I have found the most inspiration from talented people I follow on IG. This is my favorite from the week...  I'll be adding more signs this week. I just need to get my saw set up again. I'm hoping mom will let me keep it in her garage so I can cut what I need instead of trying to figure it out at Home Depot or Lowes, hoping they will cut things as small as I want/need them.

I am looking forward to this week. My mom comes home from her trip today, I have my workouts planned, I have dinners planned, I have acupuncture on Friday (I'll be taking cupcakes this week for my awesome needlers), Made Market is this weekend in SD, and I just feel good about the week. I'm also planning some AWESOME blog posts for C&C and White Walls in the upcoming weeks! Things are about to get crazy!!

And, it's almost May! When did that happen??? I still feel like I just moved here and now it's almost summer. Crazy!! This summer I'm hoping to work on spending more time at the gym, more time cooking, more time developing my talents, and more quality time with the hubs. I am still planning a trip with mom up north to visit my brother and some friends, and we are hoping to take a small trip for our anniversary (in just over a month)! I can't believe we've been married for almost 4 years, and together for almost 9 years!! Where has the time gone?

Before I get up and get moving, I want to send Congratulations to my Sister-In-Law Kelsey on her engagement!!! We are so very happy for you, and love you both!


Until Next Week....



No comments:

Post a Comment