4 Years

4 years ago yesterday, I married my best friend. He really is the love of my life and I'm so lucky to have found him so early in life. I'm seriously wondering where the last 4 years have gone, though. We met shortly after he PCS'd to Travis AFB in July of 2006 and have been together ever since. We dated for 1.5 years before we moved in together, lived together for almost 3.5 more years before he proposed. We were engaged for 4 days. We got engaged on a Saturday, and got married Tuesday morning at the courthouse. It was a whirlwind and honestly, so wonderful! Someday we will have a big reception for all of our family to come and celebrate, but J was getting ready to deploy (again) and we only had a short time to get it done if we wanted our moms to be there and not wait until he was home again. We have moved on base about 6 months after we got married and then J separated from the Air Force this past November which led us here, to OC.


Our life isn't perfect, but I love it. This past week has brought some realizations and inner peace. Last week I went to my cousin's 5th grade graduation. I'm so glad I got to go. Had I still been working, I wouldn't have been able to be there. I wouldn't have picked how I left my job, but this is where it's led me. It happened for a reason. I have found peace with not being pregnant yet. It sucks, and I wish I didn't have such a difficult time with it, but I'm honestly ok with it. It isn't meant to be right now. I have more time to focus on my health and getting my body in better shape to carry a healthy baby. It's taken 8 months for me to get here. It's been super frustrating and disappointing, but I think I wouldn't be as healthy and happy as I am now, if I had gotten pregnant so easily. I think I wouldn't be as grateful for the gift that it is. Not that I wouldn't be grateful, I just don't think I would understand it, or those women who genuinely have to work hard and TRY to get pregnant. I may just be rambling now...

I didn't make it to acupuncture last week for various reasons, but it was a nice break. This week I won't be there either as I will be at Disneyland with my sweet Mini Me!


It is celebration month here... Anniversary yesterday and J's birthday this weekend! We had dinner at Morton's Steakhouse Saturday to celebrate. It was incredible! We had the leftovers for lunch yesterday, to continue the celebration! We also had donuts from Krispy Kreme left over from National Donut Day on Friday. We will be celebrating J's birthday this weekend with my family. Although, I think I'll be celebrating all week with treats and special meals for J. Starting today with egg salad on Hawaiian rolls for dinner.


My mom and Alan dropped off a gift yesterday that included cake pops and a travel tote for us!! It came in handy today when I went grocery shopping. It has wheels and a handle to pull it! Living on the 4th floor is awesome until you have to get groceries to the house... Plus it's super cute! I will definitely be using it for so much! Mom also came through today with some sandals... Mine ripped as I got out of the car at Target. I am on a strict budget and don't want to get new sandals, plus mom's are super cute and she has them in every color, so I just shopped out of her closet!



Now to get dinner prepped... Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment