The Best Is Yet To Come

That is the quote on the front of my planner. It is so true! Every day we work towards something. Sometimes we reach our goals, and sometimes our goals just keep evolving. This week I'm working on my goals, figuring out what they are, and evaluating the ones I've already got. I'm also really trying to just relax and go with the flow. I love to have things planned out and "on track" but it makes things unnecessarily stressful.

Last week was a whirlwind week. J was home Monday for Labor day and then I went on a last minute trip to Sacramento to visit my brother with my Mom and her fiance. It was great to see him, but it went so quickly. The next thing I knew it was Thursday, I hadn't gotten anything done for the week, I was exhausted, and I was visiting with Aunt Flow. Just crazy. I didn't mean to skip a week with my posts here, but sometimes it just needs to happen.

I got home Wednesday night from Sacramento, and then I had to play catch up with laundry and house stuff. Thankfully I don't have a job at the moment so I was able to just go and visit. It wasn't how I wanted to leave my job, but sometimes things happen for a reason. Maybe I just needed to get away and visit my brother. Who really knows, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to do so. Saturday we ended up meeting one of my Aunts and her kids for lunch at one of our fave spots in Pasadena, and Grandma's fave, the Hat! Then Lowes, and grocery shopping.

Sunday we slept in and then I headed out to the valley to hang out with H & T while my aunt and mom went to the Lady Gaga & Tony Bennet concert at the Hollywood Bowl. I had a great time with them and stayed up past my bedtime. I didn't end up getting home and in bed until almost 1:30 this morning. That's 4 hours past my bed time, ladies and gentlemen! I think the last time I stayed up that late was New Years.


I got J off to work this morning and went back to sleep. Even though I slept in, it has been a pretty productive day. I ran to target for coffee, finished my White Walls project, and am finishing up a custom block order that will be sent off to Canada later today. How darling is this shelf ^^^^ I'm in love with it and will be making quite a few more in the next week or 2. Those countdown blocks are pretty stinkin cute too!!


This week will be just as busy but with less days missing. I'm also hoping I can steal my mini me for a couple days before I get a job and we can have a couple Disneyland days soon.

Should I start posting the tutorials for my White Walls projects here as well? I've been thinking about it, but I don't want to have super long posts every week. What do y'all think?

I need to finish getting my daily goals accomplished so I can take time to enjoy today's beautiful weather... Also my little brother headed out on a 6 week journey across Europe today! Keep him in your thoughts that he has an incredible and safe trip!

Until Next Time....

No comments:

Post a Comment