It's Tuesday!

Good Morning! I know I'm a day late (and probably a dollar short, lol, jk), but yesterday just was an off day. I woke up to the fire alarms going off in buildings 2 and 3 of our 3 building complex. They are so stinkin loud. I didn't have a problem with it because it was Monday and I wanted to kick some Monday tushy, but still, loud start to the day. The thing that got me was that it took the firemen a while to get here (the fire house is about 1 mile, maybe less) down the road. I had time to roll around pretending the fire alarms weren't going off, brush my teeth and hair, start the coffee maker, and then go out to the patio and wait for about 3 minutes before the 1 firetruck pulled up. 2 guys got out and turned a key to make the alarms stop. They then chatted with the residences downstairs before going to actually check to see if there was in fact a fire. I'm not a fireman, so I have no idea if there is something that tells them if there is a fire, but it was just a little casual for me. Thankfully our building's alarm didn't go off and there was no fire.

Today is starting off much differently, and much smoother. I am sitting in bed, applying for more jobs, drinking some delish coffee, watching/listening to movies, and planning out my day. Yesterday got away from me a little as I was finishing up my DIY for White Walls and trying to get my phone to not hate me. I will be switching back to an iPhone asap. I'm so excited to upload all the pictures and post the new DIY, but I have a couple finishing touches to put on it. It should be up in a couple hours.

I will also be finishing up some things around the house and heading to my mom's after lunch to make macaroons!! I've never made them before, but I am so excited to try. All my stuff is ready and in the car, including my super awesome KitchenAid and piping stuff. Can I just point out also that it's Tuesday and it is a 4 day workweek for most people (I think)! J gets a 3 day weekend this week! YAY! There will be no acupuncture this week as we've changed my treatment plan, but I kind of miss those little needles..


Have you ever made a delish summer salad? I made this amazing salad (that didn't last long) last week. I think it will be a staple in this summer heat. I cut fresh corn off the cobb, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and feta cheese. You could add a dressing or some lemon juice, but it's perfect as is!!


 I also made these fatty loaves of yumm! Pepperoni Pretzel Strombolis!

Here is the recipe:

I used this pretzel mix. Follow directions according to the box until it's time to twist.. I rolled mine out on the silpat and added pepperoni and string cheese. Fold both short ends over and then the long ends, just like you would a burrito. Then finish the rest of the directions including the time to bake. ** I used string cheese tonight and will probably not use it again. It didn't melt... like I would have liked. The flavor was good, but it stayed in a log form. I would suggest shredded cheese or slices.
I normally make my pretzels from scratch (see below for pretzel recipe)

Ingredients:
4 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt, more for topping
1 1/2 c water (115-125*)
1 package instant yeast
4.5 c flour
Non stick spray... Or silpat
Pepperoni
1 1/2-2 c shredded cheese
10 c water (boil)
2/3 c baking soda
1 egg, beaten

In a bowl, combine butter, sugar, salt, and 1 1/2 c warm water. Sprinkle yeast on top. Add flour with dough hook on slow speed. Mix until combined. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and allow to rise for 45-50 minutes
Preheat oven to 450* and adjust rack to lower 1/3 of oven. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
Turn the dough out on a clean oiled surface (I use my silpats for everything) divide the dough into desired shapes and set aside.
Let rest for about 10 minutes covered with a towel. Bring the 10 c of water to a boil. Add baking soda.
Place pretzel shapes in the boiling water for 12-25 SECONDS each. Remove from water and place on baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg and splash some salt on top. Bake for 10 ish minutes until medium brown.
You can also freeze this recipe ask soon as the bread comes to room temp up to 1 month.



The husband loved these and has requested them almost every day since. I'll be making them again soon, and they are totally worth it. 

I'll post the recipe for the macaroons if they turn out.. I hope you all have a fantastic and safe 4th week/end!!! Until Next Time....

No comments:

Post a Comment