Fat Free Vacation

Last weekend the hubs and I took a little mini vacation to Seattle to visit my Dad and his wife Jeri. We had such a wonderful time. It was calm and relaxed and full of delicious food and drinks.

That view!

Our first night in Seattle

The weather was perfect and so was our company. I even got to see my best friend from high school and her new baby girl (I call her squishy!). It was honestly exactly what we needed.


We enjoyed waking up to rain and chilly sweater weather as well as the perfect 75 and sunny holiday Pikes Market day.

The Original Starbucks.. a must see

Our flight home... Mt. Rainier

Mom and Me! How cute are we?!

My mom got married 2 weeks ago in the most stunning little beach wedding! I was lucky enough to be the maid of Honor!!

I can't help but smile at this picture. This is us.

My brothers walked her down the aisle. Her dress was gorgeous. It was at sunset. It really was perfect. I'm so excited for her and Alan.

 My date is a hottie.


They make the sweetest couple and I hope they'll be just as happy for years to come!

It's been almost 1 years since we moved away from our life at Travis AFB and into a civilian life. The life we knew was gone and we were beginning our next adventure. Here we are, just 2 days shy of 1 year. I'm sad and happy, anxious and calm, and very hopeful for our next chapter. It's bittersweet and I truly miss our life before. We had a great life and great friends. We have those here too, but it's just different.

Life is good. I have a new job, I have decided to wait on school until I can really narrow down what I want to do, and Justin is working on going back to school. I am interested in too many things for me to figure out what to continue with first. There are some big changes in our future (again).

Fertility update: I've been having a hard time staying positive and hopeful. I know it will happen, I know we will have our family, and I know we will be great parents when it does happen. I don't enjoy hearing it all the time, nor do I want to hear it. I just want a hug and a "want some wine/chocolate?" That sounds mean when I read it back to myself, and I know people mean well, but it just makes me more frustrated. If you have any other tips, I'm open to them :)

On a side note, I quickly ran over to Penelope Lane Boutique today to try and get my hands on a Jelly Bird Sign. Thankfully I did! There were only a few left, and I almost grabbed another design. Then I read this one. It spoke to me. It hit my heart and I needed it. It was something that I needed to hear and is something that I will continue to tell myself. With all of the frustration over the last few months, and the stress of figuring out what's to come, this helps me calm and just be. I hope it helps you, too.


I've been doing some research and I am thinking of changing up my medications, I'm not going to acupuncture anymore, and I'm really focused on other things like getting mine and hubs health back to where we were when we moved her last year. I'll be working on our meal plans and trying to add in some workouts. I'll be able to work out most days, but I want to add in some simple and easy workout on weekends for me to do with Hubs.

I've taken a break from Younique (if you want to place an order or a sample, let me know and we can get it done). I've also taken a break from my etsy shop, but that is back up and will be loaded with Fall/Winter/Holiday stuff here soon. I'm excited to add some new designs and new goodies!

So, even though this turned into a novel, it felt good to get it all out. It's been busy and crazy, but I'm happy. I should get to bed.

Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. If you are looking for at-home workouts that kick your butt, I highly recommend YourTrainerPaige.com! She's a friend from CO who is a personal trainer and posts really awesome at-home workouts regularly: http://www.yourtrainerpaige.com/?s=body+weight+

    Also, super cute sign! :)

    Cheers -
    -lp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynne! I'll check it out. I hope you're well. I love seeing all of your adventures :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete